We are a community of learners and seek to create, within a Christian ethos, a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment in which all members of the school community can grow in self-esteem and develop their full potential.
Statement of Religious Ethos
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experience it offers to all its pupils.
Aims of the School
The school aims to help children to:
- Achieve their full academic potential
- Develop lively and enquiring minds
- Value their own contribution, and that of others
- Recognise their talents in a range of areas
- Develop independence
- Appreciate and understand the world in which they live
- Develop a Christian understanding of the world in which they live, and to respect other world views, religions and values
- Form appropriate relationships with other children and adults
- Understand and demonstrate appropriate standards of behaviour in the school and in the community
- Prepare for the next stage of their education with confidence and enthusiasm
- Remain safe and secure whilst at school